Thursday, June 25, 2009

Balancing the use of technology in my life

I am affected by the sudden push to incorporate technology into my life? I struggle to maintain the balance between my spirit and my computer for they each take me to such different places with in myself.

I have a deep resistance to consumerism being the underlying motivation of a communication. Many internet communications direct my attention to get me to consume a product. I also use the internet get someone to consume a product that I am selling. There is a place for the market but I believe the place that buys and sells should be a very small part of my life not its greatest motivating force. The computer mesmerizes me to let it take much too much of my attention.


Since the Internet functions on a narrow band width of thought it does not comprehend the internal universe of feeling, presence and being. Many feel empty because their involvement on the internet takes them away from their connection to their inner world. Because we become fascinated with information and there is now endless access to information, I believe humans are breaking our threads to the web of life. Too much of experiencing life through the internet disconnects us from our selves. If we are to use the powerful tool of the internet we also need to spend more time going back to that connection within our own being which is silent and mysterious beyond words. Just by retuning our attention home to our inner world we pick up the threads to our inner being and reconnect with our soul essence. Then it is much easier to express gratitude, celebration and Love for the life we are given.

I loose my way when I forget to thank life for what life gives. I have to take time to see the gift of free-will and consciousness I am given. If I do not take time to stop and remember to celebrate LIFE with each breath I become mesmerized by the endless internet market place. It then becomes much harder for me to feel the gratitude and joy necessary to celebrate life. Celebration is a human being's Cosmic Job description.

No comments: